Add an "Exclude" list

Just installed AW for the first time last night to play with it and immediately identified something desperately (IMO) needed.

There are many programs that it logs that I simply don’t need logged. i.e. I often keep my security camera app loaded on a second monitor all day long; I don’t need that logged. Similarly, I have a clipboard extender app running that it logs; I don’t need that logged either. I have many others I’d like not logged, as it just clutters up the actual ‘valuable’ info that I want to see.

Adding a simple textbox where we can add program names (.exe name) to that it won’t log anymore, would be perfect. :+1:

I will prefer custom string match rules like categories.

We recently integrated to aw-server a way to save other data than standard events.

With this change we could possibly in the web-ui add a way to add a interface to add window titles which should not be logged which aw-watcher-window could read when it starts up (the possibility for it to re-read it would also be good though).

This solution would be good from a security stand point because it would never ever save anything which matches these rules, in contrast to different solutions proposed before where we redact the window titles when querying activity in the web-ui.

When I’m searching something on the web with incognito mode on, I probably don’t want aw to track this. I could just disable the watcher but auto exclude of some might be very useful.

1 Like