Categorization changes not saved in Firefox Mac

Hi!
I tried adding categories in Settings>Categorization and saved them. They worked fine while I had the Dashboard open but as soon as I closed and reopened it, they are lost and I have the default categories again.
I am using Firefox 71.0 (64-bit) in a macbook with Mojave.
Do you have any idea on what might be the problem?
Thanks!

Unless you are running firefox in private mode I’m not sure what could cause that. There shouldn’t be anything macOS related breaking such functionality as far as I know.

I am not using private mode. I also tried disabling my addons in case they were interfering but nothing changed :confused:

The settings are stored in the browser, so if they fail to be saved your browser is somehow denying the website from storing the settings.

Also just to be sure, you have to press the “Save” button on the bottom of the page to save the changes (but hopefully you’ve already done that).

Adding the localhost addres in Firefox Preferences> Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data > Manage Permissions > Address of website and selecting “Allow” fixed the problem.
Thank you for your time!

1 Like

Hi!
I tried to save new setting options such as my start of the day is default 4:00 am and I tried to make it 12:00 at night by saving them They worked fine while I had the Dashboard open but as soon as I closed and reopened it, they are lost and I have the default options again.
It says
Note: These settings are only saved in your browser and will not remain if you switch browser. We are working on getting this fixed.

How can change default and save them so if i close my google chrome browser and reopen it, the saved options are not lost? Please Help!