Creating .exe file for this application after few changes made in application

I am wondering how can I create a .exe file for this application.

https://docs.activitywatch.net/en/latest/installing-from-source-on-windows.html

Thanks for your response @johan-bjareholt. I want to create a .exe file. So, that I can send that .exe file to someone else. I have tried to create .exe but it’s showing ModuleNotFoundError: No Module Named ‘aw_datastore’

Sorry but I can’t help you if you don’t provide more information of what you are doing, that error message only says that it cannot find the aw_datastore module but I can’t know why and how to fix it unless you give more context.

Does the error show when you build something or when you run some .exe? If building what are you building and if running what are you trying to run?
What were the logs right before the error happened?

I have made some changes in the UI. After it, I created a .exe file using pyinstaller. That .exe is running main.py ( from where application execution begins ) of aw_server. So, running .exe gives the error ModuleNotFoundError: No Module Named ‘aw_datastore’.

If you mean the web-ui rather than aw-qt you don’t need to rebuild aw-server for that to work, you only need to build the web-ui and replace the files in aw_server/static which you just built in the web-ui in aw-webui/dist.

That’s strange. Since you were able to build the .exe that means that it was able to find the aw_datastore dependency yet when running the .exe itself it’s unable to find it.

I’m able to build it and run it locally on my computer so I can’t reproduce, I’m sorry.

It’s okay. Thanks for your time and response :slight_smile: