Does Activity Watch periodically clear usage data? (Android)

Hi all. I would like to know more about automatic/periodic clearing of usage data because I am planning to use Activity Watch to collect data over a 3 month period. Would I need to export my data monthly/weekly or can I safely export it at the end of 3 months (or even later)? Thanks.

It will be saved forever.

However, if the app is not manually opened once a week, some android versions will not allow activitywatch to monitor your activity for longer than that. So for example if I open the app for the first time in 10 days, the past 7 days will have data while the other 3 could potentially be lost.

1 Like

Which android versions have this restriction? First I’m hearing about the 7 day limit so I want to make sure I’m either exempt or come up with a work around

ActivityWatch on Android attempts to sync the data after 7 days in the background automatically if the user has not updated the app for the past 7 days. However, some android versions or “battery saving” modes might hinder applications to run in the background.

So android “version” is probably the wrong word, some android “forks”/“vendor modifications” is rather the issue. It would be a lot of work to pin down exactly which vendors and settings cause this unfortunately.