Does activity watch work on MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra)?

when I download, the DMG does not seem to work? can you help me

1 Like

Having issues on MacOS Sieraa 10.12.
When running

$ ./aw-qt
[14106] PyInstaller Bootloader 3.x
[14106] LOADER: executable is /Applications/ActivityWatch.app/Contents/MacOS/aw-qt
[14106] LOADER: homepath is /Applications/ActivityWatch.app/Contents/MacOS
[14106] LOADER: _MEIPASS2 is NULL
[14106] LOADER: archivename is /Applications/ActivityWatch.app/Contents/MacOS/aw-qt
[14106] LOADER: No need to extract files to run; setting extractionpath to homepath
[14106] LOADER: Already in the child - running user's code.
[14106] LOADER: Python library: /Applications/ActivityWatch.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
[14106] Error loading Python lib '/Applications/ActivityWatch.app/Contents/MacOS/Python': dlopen: dlopen(/Applications/ActivityWatch.app/Contents/MacOS/Python, 10): Symbol not found: _futimens
  Referenced from: /Applications/ActivityWatch.app/Contents/MacOS/Python (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 in /Applications/ActivityWatch.app/Contents/MacOS/Python

What is the latest version which works for macOS 10.12 ?

Like the OP, I’m too am getting no visible response from ActivityWatch when I click on it after installing on MacOSX 10.3.6 High Sierra using the 11.0 DMG file. None whatsoever. Please note High Sierra is the highest level MacOSX that many Macs are cabable of installing, so there will be many, many Mac users who can not run ActivityWatch until this defect is fixed.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. It installed but when opening the application it either has no response or says “The application cannot be opened”.

10.13.6 High Sierra

Downgrading to 0.10.0 did the trick https://github.com/ActivityWatch/activitywatch/releases/tag/v0.10.0