Easy categorization

Hey,
I think the current way of categorizing might be too difficult.
Why can’t I just go to the Top Window Title page and right-click the elements on there to choose their category?

I think that this feature would make the application much easier.

I would really like to see a feature like this since most of the programs I use end up “uncategorized” (eg. games).

Something like right-clicking on an activity on the view would be a much quicker way.

2 Likes

Writing regex pipe is also kind of clutter once you have enough items.

2 Likes

Why can’t I just go to the Top Window Title page and right-click the elements on there to choose their category?

That would make this software so much more useful. The inability to easily categorize things makes it useless for analysis. I just keep logging things in the hope that in the future it becomes easy to categorize them and actually see how much time was spent in each area.

I think regex is fairly good enough if you get used to it. However, I guess a huge problem comes with its narrow and unreadable editing UI, which is just a line of input field.

e.g. Below is my random config file snippet using regex in a multiline form.

- id: end-of-file-fixer
  exclude: |
    (?x)^(
      .*\/?cspell\.json|
      .*\/?lazyvim\.json|
      .*\/dot_wakatime\.cfg|
      .*\/dot_warp\/themes\/.+|
      .*\/font\-manager\/Collections\.json|
      .*\/JetBrains\/.+\/settings\/.+|
      .*\/private_dot_docker\/config\.json|
      .*\/private_fcitx\/private_conf\/.+\.config|
      .*\/private_fcitx\/private_profile|
      .*\/(private_Code|vscode\/data\/user-data)\/User\/.+|
      .*\/?(-|\.)lock(\.json|\.toml|\.ya?ml)?
    )$

At a glance it seems like a huge amount of regex lines, but once you get used to its syntax I’m sure it’s very easy to read and understand.

I think it is a decent starting point with not too much to implement.