Hidden Console On Windows

Hey guys, first I would like to say I really appreciate the work you are doing here!

I have been having a bit of trouble with getting watcher-window and watcher-afk running without a console.

I went through the Github issues and the forum looking for an answer, it looks like this has been answered before, however, all the answers were from 2 years ago and none of the workarounds I tried worked for me. If I missed the right post, my apologies for the double post.

I tried installing the watcher executables as services, however, that does not seem to work as the service does not start in time correctly. I tried creating a shortcut and setting the window as hidden, which did not work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

The issues were from 2 years ago because the issue was fixed 2 years ago I believe, the applications should not open the console anymore on the latest version.

What version are you using? Are you running aw-qt or running all watchers and the server separately?

I am not using aw-qt since it starts a local server every time the application is started. I launch the watchers from the executables directly (aw-watcher-afk.exe and aw-watcher-window.exe). I am using Activitywatch version 0.9.1.

I also tried to build from source to disable the local server from starting with aw-qt, however, I had some trouble building from source on a Windows machine. It kept complaining about PyUserInput-0.1.12 not being installed even though I had installed it. This might be a possible path issue, but I have not figured it out yet.