How to update from 0.8 to 0.10?

I am a Windows user and I have an older installation, 0.8 that I used by extracting the .zip and running aw-qt

I’d like to update now to the latest version available. This version comes with a .exe installer. Running the installer doesn’t seem to have an option to “update”.

Should I manually delete the old folder and just install the new .exe? Or what’s the best way to handle this?

Yes, just delete the old folder and run the new version.

The database and config files are saved elsewhere so all data will be kept. Where those files are stored is documented in the documentation.

I thought that a guide on how to upgrade was in the documentation too but apparently not, we should probably fix that…

I just realized that after each computer restart, there are always 2 instances of the aw running. Even in icon try there are 2 icons. All the time. Pointing to the same folder. (i only have one active installation) Taskmgr_F5S1WAEqsQ|690x147

Anything I can do about it?

Hmm, it would be worth double-checking your startup folder (both user and system), I’ve mistakenly had repeated shortcuts in there (or one in both folders), as well as for extra entries in the startup apps settings, or in the services settings

That’s unfortunately a side-effect of the program being built for windows with PyInstaller, it is not possible to work around that.

Can I do anything to remove it?
Maybe a full clean or something?

It’s not a bug, it’s the way compiled python applications work on Windows.
You can’t do anything about it, it works as expected. It’s a single program having 2 processes.