Investigate using FIND to track indoor position

Moving discussion here from:

Any more thoughts on this?

I’m very interested in indoor positioning, and I even implemented my own prototype using ESP32s and MQTT.

You mentioned Home Assistant in the GitHub thread, and I believe that integrating Home Assistant and ActivityWatch together would make a lot of sense. They both deal with time-series, similar types of data, etc. You can think of Home Assistant’s history as time-tracking for your house. Things like GPS location, indoor positioning, room presence detection, are all parts of Home Assistant that could benefit ActivityWatch. Tracking media playing on the Chromecast is already built-in. Their Android app uses a lot of sensors and reports their readings to Home Assistant, many of which would serve as useful watchers for ActivityWatch. If anything, a Raspberry Pi/NUC/server running Home Assistant would be the perfect hub to synchronize data from different ActivityWatch clients.

I think there’s a very interesting opportunity there, and I’d love to explore it further with this community.

1 Like

The project that inspired this looks pretty amazing. Looks like there is a newer version of the FIND application. FIND3

I was looking for “physical” activity monitoring integration (like with a activity monitor band or smartwatch), which lead me to this “location based”