Random problems

Hi there,

I am running Windows 10, 20H2 and just installed Version 0.11.0. I am trying to get this to work and i understand it’s in a somewhat early development state, but i keep running into random problems all the time and it gets really frustrating.

I started off with removing the default categories and adding my own, however they were reset to default after a good while of using AW after i restarted the app (i didn’t click the button).

Then i have trouble changing some settings - for example “Start of day”, when i enter or select the time and tap out, an error pops up on top:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of undefined. See dev console (F12) and/or server logs for more info.

This error also happens on “Duration default value” and “Landing page”, and it’s persistent.

The other problems below will occur randomly, but it appears that once they occur, they will persist until i restart the app.

I have trouble adding categorizations, like i can’t add new categories, the Ok button just won’t do anything, and at the same time, when i add a new class to an existing category, an error pops up on top:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'label' of undefined. See dev console (F12) and/or server logs for more info.

When i enter the Activity tab, sometimes the same error pops up on top:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'label' of undefined. See dev console (F12) and/or server logs for more info.

When i enter the Tools/Trends tab, sometimes this error pops up on top:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined. See dev console (F12) and/or server logs for more info.

I checked the logs and can’t find any corresponding error messages, i am also not sure what to look for in the dev console.

I really want this to work, it’s the perfect app for my time tracking needs :frowning:

Also, 3 of my 4 watchers just stopped working.

window & afk 21 minutes ago and vscode 10 minutes ago. web-edge is still working.

In vscode i get this error message:

[ActivityWatch] Error while sending heartbeat

Restarting the app or unticking and ticking the modules didn’t fix this.

Edit: Ok, i tried again today, i closed the app and waited a bit, then started again, the watchers appear as running now.