Show Events nested in Category Tree

I have been using Activity watch for a few months with the intention of making it easier to track my time, but it’s actually making it harder because the data is so much more detailed and I’m having to fiddle with the filters to try and group things sensibly almost every time I use it.

One thing I think would really help is if rather than just listing the aggregated time for each similar event at the top and the category tree with total times below, could the events be shown nested below the category they are relevant to, so you can see what events the caregory comprises of? You could take this a step further and break down the individual events below that, sorted by time so you can look at the clumps and determine separate bursts of work more easily.

It’s maybe a separate Idea, but a big help would be to ignore any events shorter than say 30 seconds, since as a developer I am often switching between applications, particularly when debugging. If instead it could blend similar events together when they are separated by a very small event, it would reduce the noise a lot.

It’s already mentioned in another thread and probably planned or in progress, but another major missing feature is being able to filter browser activity by URL, because I use Azure DevOps for work, and when doing so the window title rarely contains the keywords to match my filters, wheras the URL would make it very easy to distinguish them.

I think the manual tagging that others have suggested would be very handy too, in particular for categorising uncategorised or mis-categorised events that don’t neatly fit into a regex.